An electric overhead single-girder overhead crane was manufactured and then installed at the Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant for one of the subdivisions of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia". New crane equipment was necessary for the Customer for the overhaul of the railway rolling stock, in particular, wheelsets.
The key feature of this crane is the ability to tandem operation of two electric hoists at the same time using one wired control panel, as well as with a redundant radio control system. The crane includes two hoists with a lifting capacity of 2 tons each, in the process of operation the hoists raise the wheel pair in tandem, after which they are immersed on a pressing machine.
Main technical characteristics of the new crane:
- marking - KMO-2.0 + 2.0-5.50-7.0-A5;
- lifting capacity - 2.0 + 2.0 t;
- lifting height - 7.0 m;
- span - 5.5 m;
- lifting and lowering speed - 4.0 m/min;
- trolley travel speed - 20.0 m/min;
- crane movement speed - 30 m/min;
- operating mode group according to ISO or GOST - A5 (medium);
- degree of protection of electrical equipment - IP54 (standard);
- execution - general industrial.
Completion of the supplied crane equipment:
- 2 rope hoists MT type, geared motors for movement and lifting - manufactured by Podem (Bulgaria);
- end beams - manufactured by Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant;
- span bridge - I-beam;
- anti-collision device for hoists;
- lifting-lowering limit switch;
- limit switch for crane movement;
- limit switch for hoist movement;
- thermal protection of the hoist motor;
- light and sound signaling of the crane movement;
- main contactor in the circuit;
- radio control system;
- wired control panel.
Taking into account the relatively small size of the new crane, after the test assembly at the Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant areas, it was shipped and delivered to the site of operation assembled. Installation in the workshop, commissioning and testing of the crane took only 7 hours, after which the Customer was given the necessary technical documentation.
At this time, crane equipment is involved in the repair of cars, namely: with its help, wheelsets are fed to the pressing machine, and after performing the necessary operations, they are removed back. The use of a new overhead crane allowed the Customer to significantly facilitate and speed up the production process.