At the suggestion of a large international company, the Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant LLC took part in the reconstruction of the compressor station of the main gas pipeline. Within the framework of this project, it is planned to replace two gas pumping units (GPU) with modern analogues, install a new fuel gas preparation unit, automatic control systems and compressed air generation with a receiver, reconstruction of fire safety, ventilation and heating systems.
To be able to supply the necessary crane equipment, the designers of our plant have done a lot of work on the design of non-standard overhead double-girder cranes in explosion-proof design, taking into account the existing working metal structures in the compressor station building. At the same time, the Customer set strict requirements for the dimensions of the cranes and their configuration before our employees. In particular, some of the main components of the two required cranes, including geared motors for lifting and moving, electric starting equipment, cables and wires, as well as safety devices, must be made in Germany and have certificates of origin.
Specialists of the Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant LLC design department were able to offer such a technical solution that was not inferior in its capabilities to the proposals of the world leaders in the crane industry. In addition, for the final selection of our plant as a Supplier, the General Contractor (represented by representatives of an international company) inspected the production site of Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant LLC, got acquainted with the principles of work and production processes that are based on the values of Lean Manufacturing.
According to the results of the inspection, our company was accredited as a Supplier. After signing the contract and dimensional drawing, both cranes (identical in their technical parameters and equipment) were put into production.
Explosion-proof cranes specifications:
- marking – KM-16.0-5.5-7.0-A3 Ex;
- lifting capacity – 16.0 t;
- lifting height – 7.0 m;
- crane span – 5.5 m;
- lifting-lowering speed – 4.0/1.3 m/min;
- trolley travel speed – 20.0/6.5 m/min;
- crane movement speed – 40.0/10.0 m/min;
- operating mode group according to ISO or GOST – A3 (light);
- execution – explosion-proof.
Crane equipment complete set:
- lifting mechanism (crane trolley) and end beams – manufactured by Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant LLC;
- explosion-proof geared motors for lifting and traveling – manufactured by BF Bauer (Germany);
- electrical equipment – Siemens (Germany);
- span bridge – welded box girder;
- limit switches for movement of the crane trolley and crane;
- thermal protection of the hoist motor;
- phase control relay;
- load limiter;
- main contactor in the circuit;
- power supply to the crane – flexible cable on a rigid Festoon profile;
- pendant control panel.
The installation of the crane and the current supply, as well as the commissioning works were completed in the shortest possible time. After successful completion of static and dynamic tests, training sessions on the correct operation of the crane were conducted and technical documentation was handed over. Both supplied overhead cranes will be used for preventive maintenance and repair work on gas pumping units that transport gas through the main gas pipeline.