At the Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant, a modern electric overhead bridge crane was manufactured by order of a large Ukrainian enterprise for the production of switchboard equipment and cable support systems. The customer needed the crane to speed up the process of changing molds on the new line where the profiles are made.
The new crane has been designed with space constraints in mind and therefore has a reduced headroom. The solution proposed by Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant designers made it possible to place replaceable forms in two rows, which led to a significant reduction in the area for their storage near the line.
The crane control system is based on the use of a frequency drive. This solution eliminates jerks when switching on the crane movement and lifting mechanisms, avoids swaying the load during movement, and at the same time ensures the possibility of fast and accurate positioning.
The crane includes a modern Bulgarian MT-type hoist, which ensures smooth operation, ease of maintenance, minimum headroom and convenience of side approaches. The possibility of using an alternative radio control system provides almost complete freedom of movement for the operator and increases the accuracy of the load movement.
Single girder overhead crane for changing molds
Main technical characteristics of the new crane:
- marking - KMO-5.0-7.6-7.0-A5;
- lifting capacity - 5.0 t;
- lifting height - 7.0 m;
- crane span - 7.6 m;
- lifting and lowering speed - 0...1...4 m/min;
- trolley travel speed - 0...5...20 m/min;
- crane movement speed - 0...10...40 m/min;
- operating mode group according to ISO or GOST-A5 (medium);
- execution - general industrial.
Completion of the supplied crane equipment:
- wire rope hoist type MT, geared motors for movement and lifting - manufactured by Podem (Bulgaria);
- end beams - manufactured by Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant;
- a set of electrical equipment, as well as frequency inverters for regulating hoist and travel drives - manufactured by Schneider Electric (France);
- span bridge - welded box girder;
- limit switch for hoist movement;
- limit switch for crane movement;
- thermal protection of the hoist motor;
- phase control relay;
- light and sound signaling of the crane movement;
- load limiter;
- main contactor in the circuit;
- current supply to the crane - closed trolleys;
- pendant control panel;
- radio control system.
Installation of a new crane and current supply at the site of their operation was carried out by a team of Kyiv Crane Machinery Plant installers in the shortest possible time. After the successful completion of commissioning, as well as static and dynamic tests, training sessions for the Customer's personnel were held on the correct operation of the crane.
Currently, new crane equipment is used during the replacement process of molds on the new profile production line - this made it possible to speed up the technological process, increase the number of products and reduce production costs.